Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats
5071285

are blue tail lizards poisonous to cats! he ...

are blue tail lizards poisonous to cats! he didn''t eat it but had it in his mouth.   he has been throwing up since he had it in his mouth.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Joan replied 8 years ago.

Blue tailed lizards are in the skink family. Cats are known for hunting lizards and skinks. The skink has been known to make cats sick since they give off a a nasty tasting liquid that will make the cats or other predators foam and get nauseous. The skink usually does not have the toxicity to kill, but to make the predator very sick. If the Kitty is vomiting, I would get the Kitty into the Vet for supportive care. The Vomiting can dehydrate the kitty and cause further problems. Please let me know if I can further assist you. Joan