Lynn, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  worked at a vet clinic for 18 yrs, BA in biology, experience with cats for 20+ years

human triple antibiotic on cat My cat scratches just ...

human triple antibiotic on cat? My cat scratches just in front of his ear (no ear mites) and it''s now a bleeding a little. I have human Triple Antibiotic (polymyxin B, bacitracin, neomycin). OK to use? He''ll probably lick a little off his scratching foot.

Your human triple antibiotic ointment is just fine to use on your kitty. The small amount that he may get off his foot isn't going to hurt anything. You can also give cats chlor-trimeton. The dosage for cats is 0.1 mg per pound of body weight twice daily. So if your cat weighs 10 pounds you would give 1 mg twice daily. If these two things don't help your cat within a few days then I would recommend a visit to your veterinarian.

Thank you.