Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech 35+ years working w/Cats

What can you give a cat for pain that you can buy over the counter

No Comment Added

I am sorry to say there is nothing that can be given to cats for pain. The vet would have to prescribe something. Cats do not metabolize medications like humans or even dogs. They react to medications with toxicity rather than relief. The only thing you can do is to make a heat pack out of a sock and uncooked rice. Place the rice in the sock and tie it off, then place in the Microwave and heat. Wrap it in a towel and apply to the sore area. The other option is to have your kitty into the Vet. Joan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jav917's Post: I have her on a heating pad now. She was very cold. Is there anything else I can do to make her more comfortable. She is a very small kitten and seems to be a little shockey.

You can try some Pedialyte to help with the fluids. Please try rubbing some syrup or honey on her gums, which will help with her glucose levels. Feel her feet for circulation in the back legs. If they are cold this may something that needs to be addressed by an ER Vet tonight. Joan