Reani, Cat Care Expert
Experience:  20+ years experience with Cat Care and behavior problems, 3 years Pet Rescue

my cat has not pooped in 2 days. I pooped hard hair balls 3 ...

my cat has not pooped in 2 days. I pooped hard hair balls 3 days ago. I went to the vet and said to give him hair ball stuff for 3 days. He keeps eating but no poop. I know he feels bad. What can I do?
Good Morning,

I'm sorry your boy is not feeling well...
Can you tell me if there has been any vomitting?
Is his belly distended?
Is he lethargic or hiding, or is he acting okay?

Standing by to help...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: He has been hiding alot. He still eats and all of a sudden he pooped last night right after I sent the question, thank God. He started to play around a little bit more and now he is coming out around me more. Should I assume he is ok now or what can I do to prevent this again. Oh, he had thrown up twice the day before I went to the vet. I told him about it. He has not thrown up anymore. It was not a lot and it was white and clear wihout odor. That was the reason I went to the vet.He gave me anti-nausea meds( just in case he kept it up).
I think I am out of the woods. What do you think?
I think you are getting there but do keep an eye on him.

If he becomes constipated again, there are ways to help.

Don't try all at once though. My favorites are whole milk or canned pumpkin. These can be give as a supplement daily if needed. If your kitty becomes lethargic, starts hiding, or crying, or is in pain when you touch him, he will need to go to the vet. Other things you can try are: Laxatone ( can be bought at most pet stores), fiber supplements such as citrucel, or 1/4-1/2 tsp mineral oil in his food. Each remedy should produce a bowel movement within 3 to 4 hours, so try one in the morning and one in the evening if you still get nothing.

Best of luck to you!