NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care

I recently retrieved a wolf worm from my 4 month old ...

I recently retrieved a wolf worm from my 4 month old kitten. what are they and what are the causes, and treatment for these parasites.( We have dealt with these before, but still cannot find any information on where they come from, or how to prevent them, if possible.) (A friends cat had these, and the vet told her what they were).
Cuterebra is the official name for this parasite seen in cats but usually really impacting rabbits.
Wolf worm or wolves is a common name for them.
These are larva from a fly which lays its eggs on rodent burrow openings or the fur of animals.
You can read about this here
and more here
Keeping the cats from being exposed to the outdoor environment is one suggested prevention.
Hope this helps you!