Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is lethargic, sleeps all day and has watery eyes and ...

My cat is lethargic, sleeps all day and has watery eyes and looks drained, scratches ears a lot and licks its lips but doesnt like much food. (Only since yesterday) what could that be? He is a normally a healthy 5 year manx with brilliant diet and shiny fur and lots of energy. Im worried!
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 6 years ago.

Hi Tina,

How old is he?

Does he go outdoors?

Is he able to urinate fine?

What and when did he eat last?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HI Terri

5 years, Manx Cat, he goes outdoors a lot and stays out sometimes for hours.
I don't know if he urinates because he does it outside - never seen him do it.
He ate this morning but only a little (although his favourite) -normally he eats lots.
Thanx T
Expert:  Terri replied 6 years ago.

Dear Tina,

I am quite concerned about your boy. Such a drastic change is not normal.

He may have been injured, ingested a toxin or hurt by an evil human.He could have goen something on his fur and licked it off.He may have drank antifreeze.

I am glad he is eating. Keep him indoors today where you can observe him.Make sure he is able to urinate.

Offer him canned cat food, tuna, baby food (no onion powder) etc.Try to get him to drink tuna water or milk.

If he wont eat, has pale gum, cannot urinate or gets any worse he need to see a vet.

Please let me know how he is doing. I hope he feels better very soon.

Sincerest best wishes,

Terri

Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience: Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.