NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care

one of my kittens was born with red eyes. Not around the

one of my kittens was bork with red eyes. Not around the eye, but the eyeball itself. The other kittens have blue eyes. Does this mean that this one is just less developed? No discharge evident and this kitten can see me. What is up?
Category: Cat
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
If the kitten is white it may be an albino. In an albino the eyes are red as you can see the blood through the tissue as there is no color to the iris.
If the area that is red is the whites of the eyes then it may be the kitten has an eye infection.
Hope this helps you!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to NancyH's Post: So do I need to take this kitten to the vet? Can it see ok? Let me know. thanks
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
You said she was able to see you OK.
I'd plan on seeing a vet with the kitten, actually with all of them, for shots and worming at the right age and discuss the eyes then.
If there is a discharge, if the kitten can't see, if the eyes seem to bother the kitten then I'd see a vet.
If she is not white I'd be concerned about a possible inner eye infection and see a vet.