Lynn, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  worked at a vet clinic for 18 yrs, BA in biology, experience with cats for 20+ years

My 10 year old male cat is vomiting a runny mustard color ...

My 10 year old male cat is vomiting a runny mustard color almost everyday. He had extensive bloodwork done by a Vet 4 months ago and every test came back fine. What can I do to stop this? He eats Iams dry food for indoor cats
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lynn replied 8 years ago.

Was he vomiting at the time the blood work was done, or is the vomiting a new development? Are there any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Lynn's Post: Spunky has been vomiting for a year. at times it get better. He was vomiting once in awhile 4 months age when he had the blood tests done. It go better, but is now bad again right now
Expert:  Lynn replied 8 years ago.

One possibility that comes to mind is inflammatory bowel disease. Blood work wouldn't show anything if this is the problem. It can cause intermittent vomiting and/or diarrhea. You would need to discuss this with your veterinarian. Treatment often involves corticosteroids and diet change. If you wanted to try a diet change on your own that would be fine. You want to pick a food with a protein source that your kitty has never had. IVD (Innovative Veterinary Diets) makes some diets with unique protein sources such as duck and rabbit that might be a good choice. You can also try adding a supplement to your kitty's diet. Digestive enzymes often help pets with chronic vomiting problems. Prozyme is a wonderful one that I've personally witnessed helping several pets. It can be bought at most pet stores or on-line.

Here is a link to a page about inflammatory bowel disease:

If you have further questions let me know. It will be later today before I can get back to you. If this answers your question please click accept. Thank you.