Pat
Pat, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of veterinary experience in private practice and emergency care
7770642

my cat is bleeding from his penis. what could this be from

He has bright red blood under his rectum and in the area of his penis. He will not let me get a good look at it though. He is moping around and will not eat or drink. I do not have alot of money to take him to a vet and I am afraid that anything they find will be expensive. I am VERY tight on money right now.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
Blood from a male cats penis could be a urinary infection or worse a bloackage. If he blocks completely he will die if you don't egt him to a vet ASAP. The fact that he won't eat means he is nauseated from the toxin build up, would be my guess.
He need to be seen asap.
Dr. Pat
If you need a hand with payment try CARECREDIT, they are a good company that can really help with little of no interest. Your credit does not have to be perfect either.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Pat's Post: I am not sure that it is coming from his penis, it is just in that general area. I cleaned the area and was going to wait and see if there was blood again tomorrow. If there is no more blood tomorrow, what should I do?
Expert:  Pat replied 6 years ago.
I would not wait. At the very least, call an ER clinic and talk to a technician. She can ask questions that would at least let you know what kind of trouble he is/or is not in. I RARELY see a cat with blood in his rectum. I OFTEN see a cat with blood from his penis. Take a white paper towl and blot each area, gently. You should be able to tell too. If he is blocked, tomorrow will be too late. I urge you to call someone.
Dr. Pat
Pat, Veterinarian
Experience: 10 years of veterinary experience in private practice and emergency care