Micki
Micki, Expert in cat behavior and health
Experience:  Expert in cat medical and behavior issues.
2922194

my cat is peeing blood,and is peeing in differant places in ...

Customer Question

my cat is peeing blood,and is peeing in differant places in the house.And it seems she will eat as much food as you will give her, we feed her dry food.about a cup or more a day. Thanks Greg
Category: Cat
Expert:  Micki replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Greg

How old is your cat?

When did this start?

Is she still able to pass urine normally, or is dribbling out slowly in drops?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
6 or 7 years old,she had same problem 2 years ago and started again about 2 or 3 weeks ago.I think slowly
Expert:  Micki replied 6 years ago.

Hematuria is the presence of red blood cells in the urine causing bloody urine. The causes can be from the following:

Bacterial infections of the urinary and genital tracts (most common reason)

Cancer of the urinary or genital tracts

Calculi (stones) in the urinary tract

Rare parasites of the urinary tract

Clotting

You will need to have a vet run tests to see the underlying cause. These will be Urinalysis, Complete blood count, possible abdominal X-rays.

Treatment will of course depend on the outcome of the tests. Blood in urine is most times an infection of the urinary tract which is easily treated with antibiotics. Also diet changes can help prevent them from coming back. You can also provide give her a drop or two of unsweetened cranberry juice to help lower the PH in her urine, This will not cure anything, but will help. If she is peeing slowly, this is something you want to deal with as soon as you can. She sounds as though she is becoming blocked. This is a huge deal and emergency of it happens. It can cause her bladder to rupture if she stops peeing. Fixing it now before that happens will save you a lot of money at the vet, and her a lot of stress.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Best wishes,

Micki

Experience: Expert in cat medical and behavior issues.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you micki, I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow. thanks Greg
Expert:  Micki replied 6 years ago.

You are more than welcome Greg. Let me know if you need any more help for your kitty.

Micki