ProudArmyWife, Certified Veterinary Technician
Experience:  21+ years exp. with pet loving/pet owning, veterinary technician, specialist in cat behavior

my cats nose drips what looks like water sometimes. Dose ...

Customer Question

my cats nose drips what looks like water sometimes. Dose this mean she is sick?
Category: Cat
Expert:  ProudArmyWife replied 8 years ago.
A cause of water dripping from the nose is excessive tear production. This means that it runs down the tear duct into the nose. When tearing is excessive, it can drip out the end of the nose. Look at your cats eyes and if they look okay and there are no other symptoms of problems, like sneezing or coughing, then I wouldn't worry too much. I can't think of any other reasons to why it is dripping other than what I mentioned in the first 3 sentences. It might be in yours and the cats best interest to have a vet examine her just to make sure there are no serious issues going on.

If I have been of any help please accept. If you have any more questions, please let me know.