Miss Michelle
Miss Michelle, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  Veterinary Assistant; Associates Degree
8663334

my cats saliva is realy thick and it smells bad and i

Customer Question

my cat''s saliva is realy thick and it smells bad and i dont know what is wrong with it
Category: Cat
Expert:  Miss Michelle replied 8 years ago.
Hello .
I hope that I can be of some assistance to you today.

You need to schedule an appointment with your vet as soon as possible because more than likely the reason why your pet has thick, smelly saliva is because something is seriously wrong with it. Your vet will diagnose what the problem is and whether or not to put your cat on medicine.

Your cat could be just overheated, so make sure that your house is at room temperature, or in more drastic measures, cool your cat off in the sink with cool water. Your cat may hate it, but you're doing him a favor.

It could be a symptom to a cancer, organ failure, stomach problem or a lung infection.
All of these can be very fatal and your cat is more than likely not in very good shape.
If you wait to long to get help, your cat could possibly pass away.