Reani
Reani, Cat Care Expert
Experience:  20+ years experience with Cat Care and behavior problems, 3 years Pet Rescue
3350763

my cat is losing weight and yet she is eating like she is ...

Customer Question

my cat is losing weight and yet she is eating like she is starving i found that she has tapeworms could this be the problem?She is eating food from the can before I can get it in the dish yet i can feel every bone and rib in her body it is like she is starving to death
Category: Cat
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Good Morning,

Worms can rob your cat of vital nutrients causing anemia, diarrhea, perhaps with blood; weight loss; dry hair; general poor appearance; and vomiting, perhaps with worms in the vomit. If left untreated the cat could die, so it is advisable to act on you observation.

If it looked like spaghetti, then it was most likely roundworm which can be treated with a wormer containing piperazine as it's active ingredient.

If it looked like a grain of rice or a sesame seed, it is most likely tapeworm. Over the counter products will generally treat the tapeworms if there is Praziquantel in it.

However, the problem with over the counter treatments is that many aren't effective against ‘all' the possibilities. That's why a vet administered med is highly recommended. The vet can determine what kind of parasite (or parasites) your companion may have in addition to tapeworms and treat him accordingly with the latest prescription meds and accurate dose. Please see this link http://www.fabcats.org/worming.html

Other parasite info:

Roundworm: http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_roundworms_in_cats___kittens.html

Tapeworm: http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_tapeworm.html

Hookworm: http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/resources/brochure/parasite.html

All worms http://www.thepetcenter.com/exa/worms.html

Once your girl is parasite free she should gains ome weight and look a bit healthier. If she does not gain weight you may want to have your vet run a test to check her thryroid, as thryoid issues can also cause weight loss and increased hunger. You may even consider having this test run when you take her for the worm medication as well.

I hope that helps!

Warmest Wishes,
Reani
Reani, Cat Care Expert
Experience: 20+ years experience with Cat Care and behavior problems, 3 years Pet Rescue
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I went to day to get wormimg med for my cat I have not seen her poop in the litter box she is voiding. Should I be concerned about this or give the meds a couple of days and see what happens.
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Hello There,

When was the last time she pooped?
Were the meds from a vet or were they over the counter, and what is the name of it?

Standing by to help...
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not paid much attention accept the last couple of days. The meds are from a vet they are called Droncit tablets
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Constipation is not a side effect of this medication, but reading your question, I am unsure if you mean that she is pooping outside the box.

If she is pooping, but outside the box, that could be because she might feels some discomfort when going potty because of the parasites, and she should return to it once it is cleared.

If you mean that she cannot poop, and it has been a few days, she really should be seen this morning if your vet is open to prevent an emergency situation over the weekend. If she becomes bloated, lethargic, strains and cannot poop, she should be seen right away. If she is acting normal, you can try a little whole milk or canned pumpkin (not pie filling though) to help move things along, and even a dab of petroleum jelly on her paw so she licks it off. Please keep me posted, okay?

Warmest Wishes,
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she is not trying to poop in or out she seems a little more like herself today but she voids when I take her and put in her the litter box. I am without income i am waiting to hear from soc. ser. disablities so I don't know what to do...
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
When you say voids, do you mean she is peeing when you put her in the box, but not pooping?
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
her hips are sunk in and i noticed that her gums are a little pale
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Is she eating okay?
Pale gums can mean trouble, so I would recommend calling your vet right away. He may help you as a follow up to the initial exam for a lesser fee. It can signify anemia or dehydration. I don't want to try to give you a home rememdy for consitpation because we do not know what is going on with her, and I cannot see her. Please keep me posted okay? For financial assistance see some of the links below, they may be helpful to you.

Warmest Wishes,
Reani

American Animal Hospital Association
http://www.aahahelpingpets.org/home
" Through the AAHA Helping Pets Fund, veterinary care is possible for sick or injured pets even if they have been abandoned or if their owner is experiencing financial hardship."

Angels 4 Animals
www.Angels4Animals.org
"Our services range from financial aid to complete treatment
to those pets and pet owners in need."

Care Credit
www.carecredit.com
A credit card company for health care, including veterinary care.
"With a comprehensive range of plan options, for
treatment or procedure fees from $1 to over $25,000, we offer a plan
and a low monthly payment to fit comfortably into almost every
budget."

God's Creatures Ministry
http://www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html
"This fund helps pay for veterinarian bills for those who need help."

Help-A-Pet
http://www.help-a-pet.org/home.html
"Our efforts focus on serving the elderly, the disabled, and the
working poor."

IMOM
http://www.imom.org
"We are dedicated to insure that no
companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker
is financially challenged."

The Pet Fund
http://thepetfund.com/
"The Pet Fund is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit association that
provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need
urgent veterinary care."

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she is eating and drinking water
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when she eats her soft food she makes a chewing sound like I don't know chopping or something
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
As slong as she is eating that is good, but the gums do concern me, so if you can have her seen that would be ideal. She may be a little nauseaous from the medication...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your help I have 4 cats all strays and two dogs they are my life as I am disabled and can't leave my home perhaps I am being a over procected mom I will let you know how thing go and will try to send a bonus to you when I get some money thank you again for putting up with my endless ramble you are a great person and the Lord will bless you for all that you do.. Thank you so very very much
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer
You are most welcome..it was a pleasure to help you. Keep your girl eating, the chomping should go away with time as she feels better...Thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to hearing how your girl is doing.
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi it is me again my girl is still sick I think now she might have a cold. She licks her food her meow is horse she as tons of stuff running out of her eyes. She has gained some weight but still looks sick.She is eating baby food now and drinking water no vomit of diarra what do you think
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
What color is the discharge from her eyes, and could you confirm if she is still eating okay? I ahve to log off for about a half hour, but will check back for your additional info...
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: brown she is eating and gains weight and loses weight but is eatin baby food good
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: brown she is eating and gains weight and loses weight but is eatin baby food good and drinking water likes it cold
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.

As long as she is still eating she may get over this herself, but you should get her an eye ointment called Terramycin for eye infections. It will help clear her eyes, but if you do not see an improvement over the next 2 days, she may need to be seen again and be checked for kidney failure or thyroid problems as this may not be a simple eye infection given her symptoms.....you can get this cream at some pet stores, online, or your vet might sell it to you since he has seen her before. It sounds like you are doing an excellent job with her! Keep me posted!

Reani

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have found a vet that is going to see her I am concerned that she is not gaining weight and look very sickly will let you know thank you so much for your help God will bless you for the care in your heart you are truely a great person I can tell i will let you know
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.

That is great news that someone can see her. You will both be in my prayers and I will be thinking of you, so please keep me posted!

Reani

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just came back from the vet he said there is nothing he can do she is janiced ears mouth yellow I don't have thousnds of dollars to have test done he said it to late do you have any ideas at all. He gave me amoxillen and said to just keep her comfortable She has brown stuff in her eyes she wants to eat all the time eats a little at a time drinks water goes in the litter box not vomiting or diarra can you think of anything that will help?
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

Since Reani is not currently on I want to try to offer my assistance:

I would go to the store and pick up SAMe and milk thistle this will help her with her liver. I would also pick up a lot more jarred baby meats (be sure there is no garlic or onion in the ingredients). You will need to force feed her 10cc every 3-4 hours until she starts eating much better on her own. What she is suffering from is called hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver disease and this occurs as a result of not eating food. It happens in cats in some cases as soon as 48 hours after not eating. The cure is feeding, feeding, feeding. Since it sounds like she stopped eating after the congestion started she probably cannot smell her food well and nothing tastes very good either. I would recommend picking up lil noses decongestant drops and use these 2-3 times daily. When she is eating on her own you can taper her off of them slowly. Keeping her head and nose clear will allow her to be able to smell better. A cat who cannot smell will not eat so this will help.

Continue with the antibiotic but remember the most imporant thing is to feed her.

She will need 90 mg of SAMe and 9 mg of milk thistle once daily before the start of her force feedings. This will help to detoxify the liver and blood and can even generate the regrowth of healthy liver cells.

Theresa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you thank you so much I love her dearly can you please tell me where to get these things at a pet store or where? What is the nose drops and where can I find them. Thank you the Lord will bless you and my prayers go out to you. Please tell me how to find the items you mentioned.
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

You can get all of these products at your local drug or grocery store. If you cannot find them then you can find the SAMe and Milk thistle at your local nutrition store like GNC or natural foods market.

The lil noses decongestant drops can be found in the infant/toddler medication section of most stores. If you cannot find this you can use neosynephrine.

Theresa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you so much I will let you know how she does I am disabled and tring to get Soc. Serurity however it is moving slow I will not forget you two and will be sending some thing to you soon as I can thank you both so so much you are an anwser to my prays my pets are my whole life and my baby girl and I will not forget you I promise
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.

Theresa, thanks for stepping in during my time away from the computer, it is much appreciated! Customer I agree with Theresa, feed feed feed....I have successfully nursed my kitty back from this condition, so be persistant! It took 2 months of feeding her myself every 3 hours, but I did it, so it is definitely not impossible! We are here for you and your girl! Please keep us posted!

(sending as info request so you are not prompted to pay again)

Reani

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello my friends I went and got the items you said I have been feeding her every four hours meat baby food. She is still lisless however wants the food. Her ears and mouth are both yellow she is a fighter and I will fight for her I am still giving antibotics as well I will keep you posted and we both will not forget you I promise. Thank you thank you both I will keep you in my prayers that the Lord will bless you both
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

If you can I think it would be a good idea for you to contact your veterinarian and discuss how you are approaching her issue. I would then talk to him or talk him into prescribing for you an appetite stimulant and a trial of prednisone to see if we can decrease the inflammation in the liver and even get her eating on her own again. We have a saying where I work. "Never let a pet die without the benefit of steroids." It may sound strange but it is true.

Also, I seriously would get her started on the SAMe and milk thistle as soon as you possibly can.

Theresa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My vet is low income he told me if she was worth it to save I needed hundreds of dollars or there was nothing he could do I had to beg him for antibotics. I have already started her on the SAMe and milk thistle. she is doing as best she can she eats the food I give her and the vitimims and antibotics. I have no income and live in my mom's basement so I don't have money to go to a regular vet what should I do I will do what ever in my power to save my baby
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

I would still try to call and ask the vet about the prednisone. It is very cheap and if he thinks she is going to pass anyway then there should be no reason why he wouldn't allow you to try it for a week.

Also, in the beginning you mentioned she was eating like she was starved yet still losing weight. This is a thyroid issue called hyperthyroidism.

I would suggest taking another look at all of those charity organizations as they have pulled through for many of our clients. Also, try an apply for care credit and see where you get. You can apply online. What's the worst they can say? NO? It doesn't hurt to try it anyway. www.carecredit.com

Also, call around to some of your private pet adoption agencies, shelters, and humane societies as they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Theresa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will call about this first thing in the morning and let you know for now I will keep feedin her and taking care of her as best I can and pray that we both get though this thank you very much
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

You are welcome. Please let us know if you have any questions, improvements, or even declines over the next several days and we will help you the best way we know how.

Good Luck and best wishes,

Theresa

Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Customer we are here for you and your girl. She IS worth it....keep up the great care, and don't give up. And DO keep us posted.
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You I will my baby is fighting and I am fighting with her. I will keep you posted and I will follow what you have told me to do thank you and my prayers to us all.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I got no where today my vet would not give her anything without a 35.00 office visit told me to take her home there was nothing he could do with no money he told me I can get her some tylonal in other words no money just kill her we did not have a good day him espeically after I was done saying what I wanted to stay. I was turned down for a careloan because I am not working all the shelters ect. here in Akron Ohio were I live wants so kind of payment and I have $.10 to my name. So my baby girl and I will fight this on our own with the help of our two guardian angel on this site. She is still eating and drinking water ears,mouth still yellow poor baby she is so thin and bony and she looks at me with her little eyes like help me mommy please I just hold her and tell her I love her and that she has to help mommy fight. I just pray we both aren't fighting a losing battle. Thank you again and our prayer to us all. This is going to work how long before I such see some inprovment?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She did seem to be doing as good today I noticed that you didn't respond I am sorry I know this to takes money I will not bother you if you could just maybe tell me when does the line draw between helping and hurting. Thank you again for everything
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Moochie, there is no need fo you to pay us again, and we are here for you! It is not about the money for us... Sorry I had not the chance to respond....does she seem better today or worse? It was not so clear in your last post....
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
I've done a little more research in the meantime....an you are NOT a bother...
If she is still taking antibiotics, stop them.
Continue the feedings every 3 to 4 hours, but she may be dehydrated and need fluid therapy. Water alone will not do it as electrolytes need to be replaced. Since your vet will not help....if there is any way you can get some unflavored pedialyte from the store, dropper feed her 1ml every 10 minutes for an hour. Repeat this every 3 hours today. A home solution for people that you can make yourself is as follows:
Mix 2 tablespoons honey with ¼ teaspoon of table salt and ¼ teaspoon of baking soda. (Baking soda may be substituted with ¼ teaspoon of table salt.) Mix in 1 liter (1 qt) of clean or previously boiled water.

To answer your question about when you are doing more harm than good...She is still eating...that is a great sign. The only way I can explain it is that you will just know when it is time. If you are at all in doubt, then it is not time to give up. My experience has been that you really just know by looking at them. When they are no longer getting any pleasure out of life, it is time to let them go. But if she is still able to enjoy your affection, eating, and not in obvious pain, it may not be time. I really don't know how else to explain it.

Please let me know how it is going today. I will be off and on most of the day, and off tonight, but will check in when I can.

Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She is wobbly but does respond to my voice and does still pee in the litter box no bowel movement in 2 days she eat a little on her own and drinks water I will stop the antibotics and do the fluids she does still have life in her eyes but it fades in and out I guess her and I will know when and if it is time. Thank you very much and I will let you know She is so thin and bony but does want to eat some on her own and the rest will help from me Thank you again very very much
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did not get your responds
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
in you mixture you said to replace baking soda with salt but you have salt listed is this something else
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Right...you would just increase the amount of salt by the substitute amount...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok got the mixture will yet you know thank you Reani i wish I could meet you and thank you in person words don't seem enough
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
You are most welcome....your kind words are plenty. Your concern for your baby is touching.....keep me posted.
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need to know what to do if she gets in pain of won't eat of drink I don't have the money to put her down and I don't want her to sufferwhat would you do?
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, without the help of a vet, there is no humane way to euthanize, and there are no over the counter pain meds that are safe for cats. If you feel that it is going to come to euthanasia, you might try calling your local Humane Society, or Cat Rescue group who may help you with this ahead of time so that if and when the time comes, you have a plan in place to help her.
How is she doing today?
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She is still hanging in there she eats every 2 hours drinks water and the pedialyit walks around the house to the water dish and back toher hiding place so we are just taking one day at a time thank you for your help and concern will let you know she is fightin me at feedinig time before she would just sit there and let me feed her now she is trying to get away from me when she eats but she does end up eating talk to you soon and thanks again
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Moochie that is wonderful news that she is fighting you!!!! YAY!!!! She is getting her strength it seems! How is the yellow in her eyes or ears? Is it still there?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The yellow is still her eyes ears and mouth however her nose is now pink I can't really tell but I think the yellow is not so glowin yellow like it was I hope you are right because we are still fighting she is a tough little thing
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
HOORAY!!!
That is really good news! She IS a fighter for sure....keep up the great work! And keep me posted! I have been praying for her recovery and will continue to do so! Is her name Moochie by any chance?
I have to step away for an hour or two, but will checking in throughout the day....
Reani
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

Moochie,

I just wanted to say that you are doing a wonderful job with your girl. It sounds like she may be turning around a bit, getting some attitude, and even pink to her skin again. This is great and you are working so hard. I admire you! Thank you so much for the updates and let us know if she is also relieving herself (BM and urine).

Theresa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No moochie is my nickmane from my family my real name isXXXXX and my baby's name isXXXXX will stay in touch thanks again
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
she is putting out urine no bowel movemount in 2 days but trys to go
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

Ok. It is time to start adding some cat lax or other hairball remedy to this. For her to decrease the toxins in her liver we need her to have a bm since a large percentage of toxins are excreted through the bowel.

I would start by giving her a 1 inch strip of hairball remedy twice a day. If she doesn't have a bowel movement in 24 hours then increase this to 2 inches twice daily.

Theresa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK will do thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just wanted to let you know that my baby and I are losing the fight she no longer with eat or drink she just lays and makes these whiper in sounds her eyes are glassly and she like makes this loud growl sound no one will put her down without money so I just hold her and tell her I love her and we both wait. Thank you both so very much and I won;t forgetwhat you both have done God bless you both Deni and Baby Blue
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my baby girl passed away at8:30 tonight Thank you both for sll your help she put up a fighting chance with your help and we are forever greatful I will not forget you and your kindness thank you so much and God Bless you both Deni Kay & Baby Blue
Expert:  Theresa replied 6 years ago.

I am so sorry for your loss Deni Kay. Baby Blue will be missed. She sure was a fighter and you are very strong. Our thoughts will be with you during this difficult time.

Theresa

Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Deni Kay I am so sorry for your loss. It is never ever easy to lose a beloved pet, and I know exactly how you feel. She was a fighter as were you, and I am sure she will be missed terribly. You did a wonderful job, and Baby Blue knew it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you...
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank You very much for your kindness your comforting words and prayer are truely greatful she was a fighter but it was to much and she just went to sleep. I still have her son and two other cats and two dogs that need my love and attention now Reani do you have an e-mail address if you want if not I understand thank you so very very much and I won't forget you and all that you did you help me and my baby and I will be forever greatful Take care and I hope to hear from you again but not on this website my e-mail address is XXX@XXXXXX.XXX Thank you again Deni Kay
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Theresa's Post: Theresa
Thank you so much for you help and kindness you a lot me to have a little more time to enjoy my baby and we both thank you so much for that. You were truely a blessing and a source of comfort for us both. I am truely blessed for meeting you Thank you again and God Bless

Deni Kay
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Hi Deni Kay,
Unfortunately, we are not permitted to share our e-mail addy's, but I am always here should you wish to contact me. You are a very strong person, and I commend you on your dedication to your girl. Keep in touch okay?
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: I understand I feel thank you isn't enough for all you did for myself and Baby Blue you are a very speical person and I will stay in touch I have told my friends about you and this website and how careing you all were. I am having a bit of a problem with Baby Blue's son he walks arounds meowing like he is calling for her should I have some concern about this or is it normal I am paying extra attention to him. I have Joey(Baby Blue's son) and Tang(Joey's dad) I hope it will just take some time they eating and drinking nothing like that has changed just the moewing Will stay in touch Reani you were truely a blessing
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Hi Deni Kay,

They are likely just looking for her, and it should subside in the next few days. As long as there are no other symptoms and they are eating and drinking okay, they should be just fine.
Stay stong...Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: Hi Reani,
I am still concerned about Joey (Baby Blue's Son) he just lays around he doesn't want me to hold him or touch him he hisses and runs away he doesn't interact with the dogs or other cats I feel sorry for him is there something I can do to help him? I know he can sense my sadness but i try to be up beat when I am with him his eating habits and that have not changed Does he just need more time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: Hi Reani,
Just wanted to touch base and let you know that we are all getting along ok Joey misses his mom and so do I but each day we get a little stronger I want to thank you again for all you did you were a great sense of comfort for myself and Baby Blue please stay in touch I don't get out much I have had two back surgeries and have constact pain in my back and legs for my pets and my computer are pretty much my life thank you again

Deni Kay
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry Deni Kay, it has been a crazy weekend with the holiday and the next week is going to be hard for me to get online, but I will continue to keep an eye out for your posts. I am glad to hear you are all doing well. With regards XXXXX XXXXX as long as he is eating that is good, but I am concerned about the hissing and running away. Is he using the litter box okay and he is urinating okay?
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Reani,
How are you going?

Yes he is using the litter box and eating none of that has changed. Except for the hissing and running away. It's like he is mad at me or something. Tang (Joey's dad) puffin the kitty and both dogs are fine but he is so moody. I try to hold him and comfort him like I do the others but he just hisses and stuggles to get away. He looks just like his mom and I see her when I look at him and it makes me sad can he sense that? Does he just need more time? Will let you know, Hope you had a nice Easter oh I was approved for my disablitily the 17th four years of waiting I won't forget you I just have to wait for them to process my case. Stay in touch ok and I will to XXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Reani

I hope this note finds you doing good. Joey is returning to this old self more and more each day now. We all miss Baby Blue but we all know that she is in a better place and we will see her again. She was truely a baby and was treated as such. Well just wanted to say hi and thank you again for your kind words and helpful info take care and please stay in touch

Deni Kay
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Hi Deni Kay!
I am so glad to hear that Joey is doing better! I was working the last 4 days 12 hour shifts so I was not online much....Baby Blue will surely be missed...but stay strong for your others! Your dedication to them is inspiring.....
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: Hi Reani,
Do you work for a vet? Someone throw a kitten out of the car two cars in front of me I stop and pick her up she is a tiger tabby I don't know how old she is she is in good health and very nosey the other two cats and two dogs seem to like her they don't pay much attention to her not that she dont try!!!!!!!!!! Can my vet tell me how old she is I want to take her for shots but not sure if she had any or not. My males are fixed is it a good idea to have her fixed or does it matter? joey is almost his old self he likes just like his mom except he has his dad's long hair. Well I have taken enough of your time I won't forget about you I just have to wait for them to process my disablity I was approved!! Will stay in touch if that is ok with you?
Deni Kay
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Hi Deni Kay!
Congrats on getting your disability approved! Hopefully better times are ahead for you! Bless you for taking in this little girl! People can be so mean. She is lucky you were there. Isn't it funny how they seem to find us? Your vet should be able to tell roughly how old she is by looking at her teeth. If they are all adult teeth she is likely over 6 months old and able to be spayed. Spaying is important not only to prevent future health problems, but to prevent territorial marking since there are other animals in your home. It won't hurt her to vaccinate her if she has been already. It is better to be sure she is vaccinated than not.

No, I do not work for a vet...I think I missed my calling at a young age, and now with a mortgage and other repsonsibilities, school is not an option for me. So I do this instead.

Talk to you soon!
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Reani's Post: Thank you for the info I glad you do this you help a lot of people and you are very very kind. You are a great asset to this website. Joey is doing good now we both miss his mommy but I will tell you this kitty keeps me busy I forgot what it was like to have a kitten. She is in to everything As soon as everything is processed I will send you something for all your help and kindness Baby Blue and I are very grateful to you she was a great pet and my best friend I still miss her so much. But Like I said Puffin is a handful Hope this finds you well please stay in touch. Deni Kay
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
It is easy to forget what it is like to have a kitten! I found myself with a newbie back in December and they sure can get in lots of trouble! Glad Joey is doing well and that things are looking up for you!
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Reani,
how are you I have not forget about you and I will be sending something to you how do i do that. all is well here the new kitty has become part of the family i miss baby blue everyday but I know that we did all we could and her little body just couldn't take anymore. but she sure is missed. thank you again for your support I don't think I could have made it though without you
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Hi There!

I am just fine and so happy to hear from you! I am sure she is very missed, and I know the feeling. I miss my 2 girls eveyr day and it has been 5 years! Anyway, keep in touch. there is no need to send anything but if you insist, I am sending this an answer. That way you can click accept or leave a bonus...however you choose.

Thanks so much for staying in touch, and please know it is not necessary to send me anything, okay?

Warmest Wishes,
Reani
Reani, Cat Care Expert
Expert:  Reani replied 6 years ago.
Deni Kay you are just too much! Thank you so much for the bonus and the kind feedback, it was extremely generous of you! I hope Puffin and Joey are doing well and everyone is settling in. Have a wonderful day and we'll talk soon I am sure!
Your friend,
Reani
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reani
You are very welcome I wish I could have done more as I said I don't think I could have done all that I did for baby blue without your support and encouragement and i know it she was here she would want to thank you to. Everyone is doing ok we all miss her everyday but I know in my heart I did all that I could for her and she is out of pain and happy now. Puffin is going monday to be fixed I can't stand to hear her cry and she drives my dog crazy:) And in turn they both are driving me crazy lolololo well will stay in touch and please do the same.thank you again
DeniKay Puffin, Joey, Tang, Schnappy and Boo-Boo