Animal Eyes
Animal Eyes, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  25 years working, treating and loving small and exotic big cats, 5 yrs as an animal control officer

my cats back tooth is loose, what should I do

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No Comment Added
Expert:  Animal Eyes replied 8 years ago.
It depends on how loose the tooth is. If it is just barely staying in the you can try pulling the tooth with a small pair of pliers and gently pulling. If it is difficult to pull then you should have him seen by your vet to get it removed. He should be put on antibiotics to help protect him from any infection that may be growing in his mouth and causing the teeth to be loose. Doing antibiotics on a regular monthly basis will help keep the bacteria in his mouth down to normal limits and and hopefully get the teeth tigthened in the meantime. Try genlty pulling it and see if it comes out, if not then get him seen soon. A loose tooth can affect appetite very easily and with his age you don't want that to happen.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you...