Jes the Vet Tech
Jes the Vet Tech, Licensed Vet Tech (LVT)
Experience:  Licensed Veterinary Tech with 8 years of experience, mom to 16 cats :-)

my cat just started chasing shadows all the time. is this normal

my cat is 2 years old. i have had her for 1 year. no health problems known. she eats well and is active. in the last month or so she started chasing shadows all the time, on the wall on the floor where ever. is this behavior normal? i noticed it happened after i played laser light with her. should i call the vet? she was ok at her last check up.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I really don't think this is something to be worried about. Sounds as if she is very interested in playing and finds ways to entertain herself! Perhaps introducing new toys and playing with the laser light more would be good for her. I would not worry about chasing cats often chase shadows, lights, computer mouse, commercials, fuzzballs, anything! :-)