Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

why is saliva dripping from my cats mouth

Customer Question

saliva is drippping non-stop from my cats mouth. wherever she lays there is a big wet spot when she gets up. it just started this morning. should I be concerned?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 8 years ago.

How old is she?

how long is she like this?

is she eating?

indoor kitty?

Thanks,

Terri

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Terri Riba's Post: She is 8 months old. My daughter called me at work this morning and said she noticed her doing this. She still seems to be eating the same. She is and indoor cat and never goes outside. Right now she is sitting/sleeping on the chair and it is dripping and there is a puddle under her chin.

Thanks
Dawn
Expert:  Terri replied 8 years ago.

Dear Dawn

In a cat this young this can be a symptom or a broken tooth, a sore in the mouth, licking a dsagreeable sunstance, soemthing stuck in the mouth or nausea, pain etc.

Try to examine the entire inside of her mouth.

See if she will drink milk or tuna water.

Put a drop of pancake syrup in her mouth to raise her bood sugar in case she is hypoglycemic

As long as she is eating this is not an emergency but she should be seen in the morning if it continues.

Please let me know how she is doing. I will akays be here for you.

Sincerest best wishes,

Terri