NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care

my cats paw pads are peeling and bleeding, they look

Customer Question

my cat's paw pads are peeling and bleeding, they look raw. when i touch it, she's in pain. what can i do to make it better? this is not happening with my other kitten's paws.
Category: Cat
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.
For the weekend you can try using some neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment on the sores.
Baby socks can be used to cover the feet to avoid the ointment staining carpet or furniture. Just loop some tape around the upper part of the sock (don't tape to the fur as it will hurt to pull off) to help hold it on.
Its possible this kitten has an auto immune disease or jumped on a hot stove and got burned feet from that.
You can see one autoimmune problem here
But others such as pemphigus or lupus could cause this too.
I'd plan on seeing your vet for help with this as an in person exam should get you a solid diagnosis and treatment plan.
Hope this helps you!