Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

what if my cat has a stuffy nose how can i unclog it so she ...

what if my cat has a stuffy nose how can i unclog it so she can breath better? she is two months old.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry to hear your kitten is not feeling well. She most likely has an upper respiratory infection, and should be evaluated by the vet, for a definite diagnosis and antibiotics will most likely be prescribed, to prevent secondary bacterial infections.

For the moment, to help reduce congestion and open up the nasal passages, run a humidifier in your home or in the room she's in the most, and also, run a hot shower to steam up your bathroom and sit in there with her for 15 minutes, every 2 hrs. Wrap her in a towel when you come out, so she doesn't get a chill.

I hope your kitten is feeling better very soon!