Maureen, Moderator
Experience:  How can I help you?

Are majesty palms poisonous to house cats

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Cat
Expert:  Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Moe,

I've had them as well as a kitty that loved chewing on it and it never hurt her. It's also not on the list of plants poisonous to cats. Just a little extra info, if you're thinking of buying one, they are indoor challenged. Click here for more info

Let me know if I can be of further assistance

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
O.K.So you don't think that thr grass will cause him to vomit. Why does he throw-up? Does grass help to throw up
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I didn't ask you about a house plant. Do you live in the US or India. I said GRASS> You know the kind that grows inthe ground?
Expert:  Chase replied 8 years ago.

Your original question was, "Are majesty palms poisonous to house cats?", which I answered.

As for the grass, many cats (and dogs) will chew on grass, and it's not harmful to them. It can act as an internal cleanser, sometimes it makes them vomit, sometimes they don't vomit, but it contains a lot of things that are good for them. See this link for more info.

Expert:  Maureen replied 8 years ago.
New question from temporary file:

We have the honor of owning a 13lb black and white cat we call "Junior". He's close to 2.5 yrs old, and has a very loving and funny personality. We love him very much. The problem is he vomits. I've changed his food enough time, inorder to find one that will agree with his system. We occassionally find cat treats that will bother his tummy, so we just alter it. He is an indoor cat. When he get a bit older, we will alow him to sit on our back patio. But he still wants to run, so he's not ready yet. Another thing he enjoys doing is eatting fresh grass. Is this good for him or does it cause him to vomit? Please answer A.S.A.P. Thank-you