Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments
260309

Can I put polysporin on my cats wound

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.
What type of wound does your cat have? How big/deep and where is it located?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Lori's Post: Long story. He was a stray, I caught him, took him to the shelter. It appeared that he had bad ear mites and from continual scratching tore the flesh away from his ear, and finally part of his neck. He had some surgery done but his ear is still kind of open. It is not deep and it is right on the back of his ear. It will scab a bit and then from cleaning himself it will reopen. Shelter vet gave me topagen spray. I just want to clean it and wrap it, so its not exposed lol. Need help. Thanks so much
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.

The polysporin is fine. Bless you for rescuing him. Just a quick note - if he is still plagued with the ear mites, go to www.revivalanimal.com and order either Cerumite or Mitaclear. These products are a Godsend as you only use them one time and repeat in a week, rather than having to use them daily for 14 or 21 days as with most miticides. They are also VERY inexpensive. Please let me know if I can help further. I will be away from my computer for about an hour if you need additional help, but please don't think I'm ignoring you - I will be back.