Matt Kesler
Matt Kesler, Cat Owner
Experience:  Cat Owner
707400

MY KITTEN LIKES OYSTERS CAN I FEED HIM OYSTERS

Customer Question

i recently got a kitten he is 4 months old when i brought him home he would not eat anything i did not know what to do. i opened a can of smoked oysters for myself he immediately jumped on my lap and started to meow so i gave him the oysters. is it okay to feed him smoked oysters?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Matt Kesler replied 9 years ago.
There shouldn't be anything wrong with this. In fact, I often make a snack for my cats that involves oysters and they just love it!

Here's the recipe.

You'll need 1 3.75 Ounce can of oysters, 6 baby carrots, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 large egg, 1/3 cup plain unseasoned bread crumbs, and 2 teaspoons of brewer's yeast.

Pre-heat your oven to a temperature of 350 degrees. Then place the oysters, carrots and tomato paste in a food processor and blend until they form a smooth paste.

Now, in a bowl combine the blended paste you just made with the remaining ingredients and mix them together well.

Now drop the mixture on an ungreased cookie sheets in roughly 1/2 teaspoon droplets and bake for roughly 9-12 minutes or until the bottoms of the treats are nice and golden brown.

Take them out of the oven and let them cool then store them in an airtight container. I bet your cat will love them!