Get Your Cat Care Questions Answered By Cat Vets ASAP
This is a very tough situation because she really does need veterinary care. Since she did deliver a kitten, it would be possible at this point for the vet to give her a shot of oxytocin to stimulate her labor and get the other kitten(s) delivered; however, if you wait more than 48 hours after delivery of the first kitten, oxytocin is not an option any longer because the cervix will have closed back up. It's not unusual for a cat (especially one under a lot of stress from complications) to go 24 hours between delivery of one kitten and the delivery of the rest of the litter, so the fact that she hasn't delivered any more doesn't concern me too much at this point. The worrisome issues are if she is pushing for more than 45 minutes with no sign of a kitten or if she seems lethargic or feverish (many times you can tell a fever as their eyes will look 'glassy'). Ideally, you should at least have the vet take an xray to see if there are any remaining kittens. Many times the kidneys can be mistaken for kittens upon palpation as they are about the same size, and they tend to be somewhat displaced during pregnancy. I'm attachin a list of resources that may be able to assist financially with getting your girl examined. With any kind of luck, a vet may even be willing to just do a palpation exam and xray for very very little cost.
PLEASE let me know how things go with your girl!
http://www.uan.org/lifeline/guidelines.html http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/ http://www.hsus.org/ace/11875 http://www.carecredit.com/ http://www.vvma.org/finast.htm