NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care

Where can I buy tape worm injections for cats

Customer Question

I've been a pet owner for 20+ years and recognize tape worm in cats. I can't afford a vet bill and would like to buy tape wormer injections. I've used pills, but have much difficulty getting them down the cats' throat. I've attempted various methods, but find it still difficult. Where can I buy tape worm shots online or other?
Category: Cat
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
You cannot as this is prescription medication.
You'd need a prescription from your vet to get any of the prescription meds including the injections and depending on where you live you may also need a prescription for the syringes.
The easiest way to eliminate tapeworm infection is to make sure your cat is not exposed to fleas as that is where the tapeworms come from. Fleas carry the worms and when a cat swallows a flea while grooming then the cat ends up with tapeworms.
If cost of a vet visit would be easier if you could pay it off slowly you can see if will let you finance it.
You can also check here for financial aid info
You can read about the injection here
and its pretty painful based on the cats and dogs I've seen get such a shot.
Hope this helps you!