GenB, Retired Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Kitten, Adult, Geriatric Cat Care Specialist/ B.A. Neurophysiology & Animal Behavior/ Plain English!

What spices, like cinnamon are dangerous to cats

Customer Question

I want to use cinnamon around my baseboards and windows to ward off ants, but is it dangerous to my cat?
Category: Cat
Expert:  GenB replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thanks for researching this very important question!

Cinnamon is NOT toxic to cats, dogs or people...make sure you use a product that has been processed for human consumption to make sure it is pure.

It may make your cat Sneeze since it is pretty finely ground, and attractively scented!!

If you need additional support at this time, please click "Reply", otherwise I thank you in advance for your "Accept" and ask that you let me know if this Anti-ant Remedy works!! Cool

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The remedy does work as well as black pepper does to. The cinnamon is supposed to work better.
Expert:  GenB replied 9 years ago.

I think then that the cinnamon would be less irritating to your pets than the pepper, for sure!

Thanks for the tip!!

God bless,