S. August Abbott, CAS
S. August Abbott, CAS, Own Animal Care/Rescue Org.
Experience:  Up to 300 cats saved each year; Animal Care author; Behavior & Nutrition Consults
1604863

How can I get my cat out from between the ceiling of ...

Customer Question

How can I get my cat out from between the ceiling of one story and the floor of the next? He will come out partially and then go back in as if he is scared of us. He has been up there for at least 6 hours now. We have been trying his favorite toy and his food. He acts interested, but refuses to come more than about 1/2 way out.
Category: Cat
Expert:  S. August Abbott, CAS replied 9 years ago.

This might not be as difficult as you think. Back off, leave the room lights dimmed and a nice, fragrant (smelly) food out. Then, HIDE! You might have to sit quietly somewhere for 1/2 hour or so - but he'll come out for the food. Once he does, quickly secure the area - make sure he can't go back where he was - and make certain that he can't do this again.

Chances are h'es already come out and the problem is solved by the time you get this, but in case it ever happens again.... now you know Wink