Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

What are the best home remedies for my cats cold - ...

What are the best home remedies for my cat's cold - he's sneezing, has a stuffy nose, and his nose is warm.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 9 years ago.

The best thing you can do for now, is help your cat decongest a little by running a humidifier in your home, or in the room he spends most time in, and also run a hot shower to steam up your bathroom and sit in there with him for 15 minutes at a time, every few hours. Make sure he doesn't get a chill upon coming out, and wrap him in a towel, if he'll allow.

It's also very important that he drinks enough, and that might be difficult with a stuffy nose, so you can dropper feed him water with a 1cc sized dropper, 1 dropperful twice an hour, every few hours.

I would recommend a vet visit tom'w, as most vets will prescribe antibiotics for cats with URI's (upper respiratory infections) to prevent secondary bacterial infections. Also, the vet might administer an antihistamine, to help your cat's symptoms. If you find he's also not eating much, due to the stuffy nose, you can water down some canned cat food and dropper feed him that, too; about 4 droppersful an hour, every few hours.

I hope he's feeling better real soon!