Reani, Cat Care Expert
Experience:  20+ years experience with Cat Care and behavior problems, 3 years Pet Rescue

will baking soda get rid of tape worms

Customer Question

My kitten has tape worms
Category: Cat
Expert:  Reani replied 9 years ago.
Hi There,

I have never heard that and probably would not try it. If you are sure it is tapeworm, over the counter products that you can get at a pet store will generally treat the tapeworms if there is Praziquantel in it.

The problem with over the counter treatments is that many aren't effective against ‘all' the possibilities. That's why a vet administered med after diagnosis is highly recommended. The vet can determine what kind of parasite (or parasites) your companion has and treat it accordingly with the latest prescription meds and accurate dose. Please see this link

If you are sure it is tapeworm, go ahead and try an over the counter method, but if she shows any signs of not eating, vomitting or diahrrea with blood, lethargy or hiding, time to bring her to the vet.

Here are some more links, I hope they help you.

All worms

Best Wishes,