Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments
260309

I have stray cats living under and around my trailer home.

I have stray cats living under and around my trailer home. I don't mind that, except that it's beginning to smell like cat urine outside around the front porch. What can I put on the ground surrounding to keep down the smell without harming the cats?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.

There is absolutely nothing you can put down to remove the smell of cat urine and feces - simply because they are going to continue to use the area. If you have neighbors, undoubtedly they will begin complaining as this is extremely unsanitary. You need to get all of the cats out from under your trailer home and prevent entry. Ideally, contacting your local rescue agency will be the best for them as they will spay & neuter them and get them all good homes. You are basically sitting on open, raw sewage and the only solution is to prevent the cats from getting to the area or having them removed. Once they are gone, you can hose out the area to remove the smell. I would mix Zero Odor in a spray system that you attach to a hose, and spray the area thoroughly. This is the best product on the market - www.zeroodorstore.com.

Please let me know if I can help further.