Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

Is there something similar to Pediacare for cats

Customer Question

My cat has been throwing up and having diahrhea but no fever
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 9 years ago.
do you mean pedialyte - the electrolyte solution for children?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terri Riba's Post: Yes pedialyte that's it
Expert:  Terri replied 9 years ago.

Yes you can get unflavored pedialyte and give Frankie two (one cc) droppers every ten minutes for a half hour every two hours. Then water down either canned cat food or baby food (no onion or garlic) and give him one dropper every ten minutes for another half hour eery two hours as well.These are sold in the baby dept of supermarkets and drug stores.

Please let me know how Frankie is feeling. I will be here all day to help further.

Very sincerely,

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Terri Riba's Post: Dear Terri,

Thanks so much. I actually found an answer on yesterday but thought because you are a Vet I should get your answer as well. Frankie is not dehydrated but was afraid he would be because he had been throwing up for over a week. My husband and I thought it was because he wasn't handling his "Clavamox" well and our Vet switched him to "Cefadroxil" but he continued throwing up and then got a bout of diahrhea. We took his food and most of his water away but knew he needed something especially since he was on antibiotics. He's been better for 2 days but was just checking in case this happened again. He's my only child. I can't have human kids so he's my baby :o)

Thanks Again!