Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments

My cats poop seems to have grey film or almost like a

Customer Question

Fresh poop has grey casing or film on it, underneath poop appears normal.
Once poop dries it appears grey or whitish.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.
How old is your cat? How long has it's stool been like this? What food do you feed?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Lori's Post: My cat is around 7 or 8 months, I have just noticed it the past week and she has been eating special kitty, a walmart brand. Before that, Iams.
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.

The grey you are seeing with her stool indicate a problem with absorption in the digestive process. I would put her back on IAMs or another high quality food to start with. I would also get a product called Prozyme. This puts necessar enzymes into the cat's system that they may be lacking during digestion. If you put her on the Prozyme and change her food, and the stool appears not to have changed in a week, you are going to have to take her into the vet as this could also be signs of liver problems. I'm attaching a link for you where you can get the Prozyme online or many pet supply stores carry it also.

Please let me know if I can help further.