Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments
260309

I have found yellowish stool in the cat box. My cat is 13 ...

I have found yellowish stool in the cat box. My cat is 13 and I am concerned. Should I be very concerned?
Was the stool solid or loose/runny?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the stool is solid, light yellow and very different from the other cat's (the 5 year old's) in that the feces is smaller. we have noticed a weight gain and that she is less active. she has a little "buddha" belly that is solid when palpated.

She needs to see the vet. Yellow stool indicates one of two things in most cases - either a bacterial imbalance in the gut which almost always requires antibiotics. Stool that is light like this can also be from an over production of bilirubin which can indicat liver problems. With her belly being distended like this, I'm concerned about the possibiity of something going on in her liver that could be serious - possibly a malignancy. Please have her seen in the next day or so.

Let me know if I can help you further.