Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments
260309

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO KILL OR GET RID OF UNWANTED CATS

Customer Question

I HAVE MEAN CATS IN MY YARD, I HATE CATS AND WANT THEM GONE
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 10 years ago.

The best thing to do is to contact your local Animal Control and Protection or Humane Society. They will come and catch the cats and remove them from your property. Trying to do something yourself could result in legal problems for you. Killing the cats could be construed as cruelty to animals and some areas have huge fines and even imprisonment for this type of thing. I understand how frustrated you are as people who don't have pets of their own don't want to have other people's uncared for animals in their yard. Another possibility would be to purchase a motion activated sprinkler called a Scarecrow. If an animal walks by the sprinkler system it will shoot water at them and scare them off which is a humane way of getting these cats out of your yard. You can get the Scarecrow at Home and Garden Supply centers or order them online. One link you can get them at is

http://www.greentouchirrigation.com/scarecrow.html

Good luck. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX can get these kitties off of your property safely.