Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments
260309

how much does it cost to get a cat fixed,declawed,and ...

Customer Question

how much does it cost to get a female cat fixed,declawed,and it's shots up to date
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 7 years ago.

Most vets will declaw when they spay or neuter which would be better for your pet if you decide to do this so they are only under anesthesia once. Also, the rates vary significantly from one part of the country to another. Almost all vets will be happy to quote you a price if you call, but for a surgery that is a declaw with a spay or neuter, the price can vary from $100 to $300 or more. A declaw alone can be anywhere from $75 to $275 (or more) but again, just call your local vets to find out who has the best prices. I do ask though that you please reconsider getting your cat declawed. This is a very invasive surgery. The first joint of the toe is actually removed (many people do not realize that) and your kitten could turn into a kitty that does not use the litter box properly anymore because they associate the pain in their feet with the litter box. They may also turn into biters as they have no other way to defend themselves. Most vets will NOT declaw on all 4 feet as this leaves the cat totally defenseless.

You can easily train a kitten to use a scratching post or cat tree and can keep their nails clipped short enough that there shouldn't be a problem with scratching. You can also get Soft Paws Nail Caps for your kitten's feet that are much more humane than declawing. The United States is the only country that still allows this practice to be done. All others consider it to be cruelty to animals. Please consider other options before resorting to declawing your kitty. Most people decide not to do this, once they realize exactly what is done to their pet. It is extremely painful and unnecessary if you spend a few minutes every week or 2 clipping their nails and giving them a place to use that is acceptable to scratch.

Vaccinations will probably run you around $20 for each one.

Please let me know if I can assist further!