Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments

Can you use Visine for a cats eye If not, what ...

Customer Question

Can you use Visine for a cat's eye? If not, what might help? I think she's either got something in her eye, or one of the other cats smacked her in the eye. It's weeping that yellowish stuff.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.

You can safely use Saline Solution from the eye center at the pharmacy, but I wouldn't use Visine if there is ANY possibility of an injury to the eye. If you suspect her eye may be scratched, you need to take her into the vet for an antibiotic drop or ointment to prevent infection. Cat's feet are pretty dirty and the eye will quickly become infected if that is the cause of the problem.

Please let me know if I can assist further.