Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments

My cat has somewhat of a large lump in her lower stomach.

My cat has somewhat of a large lump in her lower stomach. And shes been eating nonstop. She also throws up about once or twice a week and its a very loud hacking sound. What could this be?
Can you tell me how large the 'lump' is? Is it hard or soft? Does it move around or is it "fixed" in place? Lastly, how old is your girl?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Lori's Post: The lump is about medium size. its not overly large, but it is noticable to the touch. It moves around, it actaully moves with her body, if she lies on her back or her size it kinda just falls to which ever side her body is leaning. She is almost 4 years old.

Thank you for the additional information. It sounds like this may be a mammary tumor. Fortunately, it sounds like you've caught it before it's gotten large and it can probably be removed very successfully. I would make an appointment with your vet early in the week and let them check this lump.

The vet may try to aspirate it (draw fluid out). If they are able to do that, you know it's simply a cyst, and they may or may not decide to remove it. If there is no fluid inside, they will probably want to go ahead and remove it. The good news is that once these are removed, cats usually have an excellent recovery rate and few require any further treatment. If your girl is not spayed, you should do this when you have the tumor removed as the instance of tumors in unspayed females is much higher than in those that are not spayed.

Please let me know if I can help further.