Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments

My cat has a foot infection that causes his paw pad to ...

My cat has a foot infection that causes his paw pad to blister, crack and leave a bloody scab. He has had it on mutiple paws, all at different times. What is this, and what is causeing it, and how to i help prevent this from occurring?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.

Many times, things like this are caused from food allergies. Cats are often allergic to corn or corn-gluten which are regularly used in commercial foods. I would try putting him on a corn-free diet such as Wellness, Innova, Felidae or California Natural. Make the change gradually, by adding a little new food to his existing diet. Each day add a little more new food and a little less of the old food until he is eating all new food in about a week to 10 days. Once he's on the new food for a couple of weeks, you should (hopefully) see a big improvement in the problem's he's having with his feet.

Please let me know how he does and if I can help further.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HE already is on a corn based diet? Could it be from his cat litter or anything else like a virus?