Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments

cats: anything I can put on the liner of the litter tray

Customer Question

I use Tidy Cats scoop multiple cats. I have a problem with my cats going on the side of the litter inside the box and the litter sticking to the side. is there anything I can put on the liner of the litter tray. so it will just scoop up. I also have the littermaid litter box. I really like the littermaid. I have 2 litter boxes. I have 2 Himalayan cats. if you can help me please email me back. [email protected]
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 9 years ago.
You can try lining the pan with a plastic pan liner that they have in many stores. The stool will stick to the plastic bag rather than the litter box, which will make cleanup easier for you, but won't eliminate the problem all together. Litter maids are really nice, but they need to be kept "just so" as you already know. I've seen the liners at Petsmart in various sizes so there should be one that fits this box. Another trick is to spray the inside of the litter pan with Pam or other 'cooking' spray (just the plain vegetable oil spray). This coats the surface so the stool has a harder time adhering to the pan.