Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Experience:  16 yrs health care mgmt & issues relating to cats, reproductive issues and multicat environments
260309

my cat has been hiding under the covers for almost two ...

Customer Question

my cat has been hiding under the covers for almost two weeks now even in the hot days. he will not come out for anyone. he still eats but lately he has been laying in the litter box. he is also losing his hair.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Lori replied 10 years ago.
Your boy is extremely ill. Please please take him into the vet TODAY and do not wait any longer if you wish to save him. I suspect he is extremely dehydrated, and my guess is that he probably has a urinary tract infection or blockage that is causing this problem. He needs immediate attention and cannot afford to wait another day. I am truly concerned about your pet so please let me know what the vet finds.