Michele McMurray
Michele McMurray, Rescue & Cat owner
Experience:  35 years of cats - have seen it all at one time or another, current work also includes rescue, rehab

Inner eyelids wont close

Customer Question

My cat's inner eyelids will not close all the way, they stay halfway open. He outer lids open all the way, just the inner ones cover half her eyes when she looks at you. This has only been happening the last week. Additionally, she doesn't have diarrhea but she does randomly have a stomach spasm or something and just poops wherever she happens to be. The vet said that it's because she's stressed out about our new cat, but that doesnt fly with me. He's been around for two months, and this is a new development in her. Help!
Category: Cat
Expert:  Michele McMurray replied 10 years ago.

My first advice .... CHANGE VETS !!!!! The inner eyelid showing like you have described is ALMOST ALWAYS an indication of illness and generally serious illness. The fact that your vet is ignoring this concerns me GREATLY. This is something that MUST be taken seriously. Your girl needs medical attention! There are too many things that can be causing this for me to even venture a diagnosis without an exam and blood wok but PLEASE do not let this vet convince you that this is not serious because it IS. I wish I could give you a more difinitive answer to what the underlying problem is but it would be impossible for me to do. She needs a vet who cares, not this one you have spoken with who doesn't.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need additional information.