Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience

my cat looks like he has blood blister around his anal and ...

my cat looks like he has blood blister around his anal and it is bleeding. when i picked up his tail,he meowed and a little bit of cloudy liquid came out of his anal. He still is eating and drinking. I am really worried about him.   He is 5 years old never goes outside.

I hope this is not a serious condition, but I will be taking him to the vet in the morning.

Thank you for any advise you can give me.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 10 years ago.

I'm very glad you will be taking your cat to the vet in the morning! : )

From your description, it sounds like your guy may have an anal gland infection. The anal glands are located on either side of the anus under the skin. They release fluid during each bowel movement. Sometimes, the fluid is not released as it should be and the anal glands fill up--then they have to be expressed (emptied) by the vet. If the fluid is not expressed, it can become infected and/or harden and become impacted.

Since you saw swelling, a little blood blister and the cloudy liquid (could be pus) around the anal area, an infected anal gland is very possible.

Please let me know what the vet says tom'w and I hope your boy is feeling better very soon!

Cher : )