NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care

what do i use to get human urine smells out of my couch cushions

Customer Question

I have tried shampooing with my bissell steam cleaner, vinegar and water, febreeze, dish detergent and water, none have helped. At the most I now have perfumed pee smell.
Category: Cat
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
The absolute best stuff I've found to get rid of organic odors like this is called Odor Mute. You can get it online or at pet supply stores. You mix the powder as strong as you need it and soak the area and let it dry. Sometimes you need to do it twice. Other possible choices for enzyme based cleaners would be Nature's Miracle or Simple Solution from a pet supply store.
These enzyme based products 'digest' the urine making it into inert substances and and odorless gas.
Hope this helps you!