Joni, certified Vet Tech-Feline Specialty
Experience:  20+ years cat specialist at vet clinic (all aspects)-have 3 cats that currently own me

my cat is being terrorized by one of our other cats

I have a neutered male siamese that is used to living with other cats and dogs. When I got married he moved with me into our new home. He was the only cat there for a few weeks. A couple of weeks later my husbands cats moved in (they are both spayed females, they are all three about the same age, about 3 years old). My cat gets along well with one of the cats, but the other female cat keeps terrorizing my cat. He is so nervous to be around her and just hides whenever she sees him. The female cat bites and scratches him so my cat spends most of his day hiding from her. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? My husband does not want to give any of his cats away, nor do I want to give mine away, but it seems so unfair that he is afraid to be in his own home. He was not at all afraid when he was there by himself and he could live quite happily with just the one female as they play all day long, as long as the other cat is in the other room. My cat is a big cat as is this female problem cat. Any suggestions?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Joni replied 10 years ago.
There are a couple of things that you can try. First buy some Feliway from the pet shop. It works with pheromones to help calm stressed cats. It comes in a spray as well as a plug in diffuser. Then talk to your vet and see if he will prescribe some anti-anxiety medication for the trouble maker for awhile until things settle down.