Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My cats throwing up, peeing and pooping all over the

Customer Question

My cat's throwing up, peeing and pooping all over the house- what could be wrong? Also, is there a discounted vet for people who don't even have insuarance for themselves?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 8 years ago.
How old is your cat?
How long is your cat like this?
When and exactly what did she eat last
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Terri Riba's Post: It's actually my friend's cat who's about 10.

She last ate this morning- she eats ok. She mainly eats dry food.

This just started in the past week.
Expert:  Terri replied 8 years ago.
It is of the utmost importance that you impress upon your friend that her cat is very sick!
She needs to have it seen by a veterinarian ASAP.
If she needs financial help she can contact www.carecredit.com
When a ten year old cats shows these symptoms it can be pancreatitis, renal, liver, thyroid, dental, gastric, or other serious issue.
Unless the cat got a bad batch of food that has upset her stomach, she needs immediate veterinary assistance or she could easily die.
Please let me know if you have any more questions. I will be happy to help.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I was looking for an answer more about what to do- everyone's first reaction is to take the cat to the vet. I want to know some things I can try from home- medicines, anything.
Expert:  Terri replied 8 years ago.
The only thing you can do at home is support the cat with hydration and feeding. But she has to be able to keep something down in order to survive.
1. Get unfavored pedialyte and a dropper - give her one dropper every 20 minutes for two hours to get fluid into her body.
2. get a can of wet cat food. water it down to a gruel. Give the cat only one dropper every 20 minutes for two hours. If she keeps it down up it to two droppers.
Keep alternating between the gruel and the pedialyte.
You can give her a teaspoon of decaf tea to stop the vomiting as well.
I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX help you to help this cat but if she continues to vomit and cannot keep anything down she has a serious health issue like pancreatitis, liver or renal failure and she is not going to survive without veterinary interaction.
PLEASE let me know what is going on with her and if she is keeping anything down.