Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.

My six year old cat is drooling and wheezing. It is 12 42 ...

My six year old cat is drooling and wheezing. It is 12:42 a.m., and no vet is available. Is there anything I can do to help her until I can call a vet tomorrow? I really don't know what is wrong. When she sleeps, she wakes up in a puddle.

Optional Information:
Age: 6; Female; Breed: Domestic cat

Already Tried:
nothing yet

How is your cat? Any better?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Yes...she ate and cleaned herself this morning. Every once in awhile, she is still drooling. Her breathing seems normal.
It sounds as though she is feeling better. However, she is still drooling. so that means that a problem still exists.
Most drooling is caused by dental issues.Look in her mouth and see if there are any decaying or abcessed teeth or anything foreign, like thread or any sores. The next most common causes are licking a non food item or nausea.
Since she ate and cleaned herself she is not feeling that bad. Possibly the issue has passed or at east subsided.
Keep a very sharp on on her for redeveloping symptoms. If you do not see any recurrance by tomorrow, you will know that she licked something disagreeable or had an upset stomach.
Please let me know how she is later.
If you have any more questions, I will be very happy to help.