Christina A.T.
Christina A.T., Cat Holistic Healthcare
Experience:  Cat holistic healthcare! 30 yrs in healthcare, behavior, rescue, and socializing.
516285

Cat vomiting yellow fluid, not eating

Customer Question

Female cat, approx. 11yrs. old, indoor.
vomiting for one day, first day solid food vomit
w/hair balls . . . next day fluid vomit, yellow.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Christina A.T. replied 11 years ago.
When a cat vomits yellow liquid, this is bile which is an indication that the stomach is empty. The first thing is that your cat may still have some furball blocking her which is causing her to vomit.

It is very important that you do not let her dehydrate. You can give her some unflavored Pedialyte, 2 droppers every half hour for 2 hours. Also to help her if she has a furball you can put some 1/4 teaspoon of vaseline on her paw so that she has to lick it off. This will lubricate and compact the furball so that she can pass it.

If she keeps the pedialyte down without vomiting, you can try giving her a small amount of wet cat food or boil her a piece of chicken (no oil, no skin and no seasonings) and break it up into small pieces. Feed her just a small amount. If she keeps that down for an hour you can give her a little more.

If at any point she gets worse or becomes lethargic you will want to go to the vet. Check back in with me and let me know your and her progress.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX keep you updated
You're welcome. I'll look for your update.