NancyH, Cat Health, Behavior, Care Expert
Experience:  30+ years cat owner, rescue, breeding, study of behavior & health care

why is my cat sleeping in the bath-tub something she has ...

Customer Question

why is my cat sleeping in the bath-tub something she has never done she is 12 yrs.old shes is getting all wet from the water dripping on her????plzzz help!!???

Optional Information:
Age: 12; Female; Breed: mixed

Already Tried:
taking her to the vet she was diagnosed with diabetes,,

Category: Cat
Expert:  NancyH replied 10 years ago.
The diabetes will make them thirsty and can also trigger urinary tract infections. Both are reasons cats might decide to sleep in the tub. The cooler surface feels good if they have an infection and if your tub has a drip the water may be appealing due to the thirst from diabetes causing excessive urination.
I'd have your vet check her again for urinary tract problems and make sure her sugar is properly regulated on the meds she was given.
Hope this helps you!