Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert

My cat loves to eat grass. Is this bad for him

I take my cat outside, he eats grass. I am not sure if it is bad for him or not. Is this normal?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.
Lots of cats eat grass and some cats vomit routinely after eating it. In these cats it sometimes seems to help meet the urge for green things but cause less vomiting if you give them green beans (and they will eat them). Often, we can not really find a cause for the grass eating but sometimes the vomiting is actually a sign of a problem like inflammatory bowel disease or even internal parasites. If this occurs at times when your cat is not eating grass it would be good to schedule a vet visit to see if the problem can be resolved.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: My cat does not vomit at all, so I would take it to mean that he is OK eating the grass. Would you agree?

And thank you for helping me, I appreciate it very much.