Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert

Cats Eye Discoloration

My 3 year old cat had two green eyes when I adopted her at 6 months old. Since then, a ring of brown has developed around the outermost part of the green part of one eye. She sees fine and the eye does not seem to bother her. I just want to make sure that this is normal and is not something to be worried about. My vet could not diagnose her, although she did check her for feline leukemia.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

Some pigmentary changes are normal as the cat comes into adulthood. It's much like babies that are born with blue eyes. You won't know their true eye color until they are around 9 months of age.

I would have the vet take a look at it at your next appointment but if they did and didn't see a problem, I would not worry to much.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: I was hoping I could send a picture of the eye along so that you can make sure it looks normal. I really love her and want to make sure that I don't need to get her better care. It is just an odd coloration pattern.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

Feel free to post a pic. Just cut and paste it into a new reply.

Let us know if you need help with this.