JoAnne
JoAnne, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  I did volunteer work at the Cincinnati Zoo, I Also do rescue
143236

kitten hit by car...head injury I think

I found a hit kitten, he is bleeding thru nose, meows and tries to get up...air blood/bubbles from nose is their any hope? I have no money, but have abad habit of picking up strays and finding them homes that is close to the best I can do ....I have put in $amount at bottom,,,kitten worth much more
He really must have medical attention asap! if you tell me where you are I will try and find an emergency vet in your area. wrap him in a towel be very gentle he may have internal injuries.!
I know most vets will try and charge you but if you tell them its a stray they will more than likely fix him if hes fixable and give him to the humane society. Unless of course you want to pay to fix him they dont really give many options!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joann Canafax's Post: My problem is that it is Saturday and vets are closed and ER is way out of my price range. My question is unfortunatley medical...if he is bleeding from nose andblowing bloddy bubbles is he bleeding internally. At times its breathing seems difficult but if you touch him he will meow and try to get up. I just want to make comfortable
The only thing that you can do at this point is to keep him warm try to limit his movement wrap him in a towel very snug but gently try to keep his head level with his body. speak softly to him try to keep him quiet and calm.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joann Canafax's Post: but doyou think it sounds like he is blleding internally, blood thru nose with air bubbles?
blood from the nose or mouth could be a sign of an internal injury.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
sort of lost on your response...much studying by whom? If me where would I look? What does hands on mean?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
oh and thanks for your help ..I should have thanked you in first place please pardon my manners.
Its ok situations like these are not to panic ! I know how you must feel being in that situation
Thank you for taking the time to care a lot of people would'nt
JoAnne, Veterinary Assistant
Experience: I did volunteer work at the Cincinnati Zoo, I Also do rescue
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joann Canafax's Post: Remlap alabama...I cant afford ER care. I really could not afford this but I didn't know what else to do
I have worked as a volunteer at the cincinnati zoo. I am currently enrolled in an advanced veterinary technician course and by hands on I mean I have been in many emergency rescue situations with many kinds of animals and by studying I do quite a bit of reading and also offer my help in answering questions like this one when I have time.:)
If by no means you can't afford it I would rather see the animal not suffer than get paid for this question.You have the option to accept or not accept!

Springville Animal Clinic

Jump to: XXXXX XXXXX Ratings & Reviews ()

5719 US Highway 11
Springville, AL 35146
Main Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

chalkville clay animal clinic
6415 Old Springville Rd
Pinson, AL 35126
Main Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Animal Hospital

XXXXXE
Oneonta, AL 35121
Main Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

here are a few in your area if you need directins go to:http://www.mapquest.com/

Hope I could help!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Joann Canafax's Post: I can only sit and watch him die or take care of him myself the way we do things in the country. I appreciate your help. Maybe he or she will pull thru thanks again
if you tell them its a stray they will decide if hes fixable then release him to the humane society!