Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

my sick cat

my cat is throwing-up, andhe looks sickly,i have no
money to take him to the vet, please help me

You should be very worried. Any time that a cat won't eat or vomits for more than 48 hours, you are in serious trouble. Their liver can fail and then the cat can die. It is called hepatic lipidosis where the liver thinks it is being starved and starts "grabbing" fat cells...and actually ends up killing the liver.

I suggest that you see the vet first thing tomorrow for a full exam and possibly bloodwork to find out what's going on.

The most common cause of what you are seeing is intestinal parasites. If you have not seen the vet for a fecal exam, I suggest that you take a sample by the vet tomorrow for him to analyze and rule this out (or in). Most vet's won't charge for an office visit if you do this.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT,I meant to also
put in that my cat was also throwing up hair balls
with your advice i will seek out help.
and i called the vet to justlook at him is $80.00
thank again i guess when you love your animal
you take care of them they cannot speak when they hurt that is why we have special people like to
help us understand them.

Since he is also throwing up hairballs, I would be very worried that the cat has an intestinal obstruction (from the hair) that is causing his illness. In this case, it can be fatal.

I suggest that you ask the vet if you can pay half up front and leave a post dated check for the rest. Some vets will accept this.

Don't forget to accept my answer if it was helpful to you.

Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience: Not an active Expert
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tammy Falkner's Post: i am sorry that i did not check accept sooner.
but i was waiting to get the vet's point of view
now i only asked one question but i am gonna give this a chance. you see being that my cat has renal
failure.some people [not experts] say put him to
sleep, me my self can't do it,when my daughter
passed he was there for me,now i want to help
him.even the vet says not now.we are giving him
fluids under his skin and antibiotics.and if this
does not work then and only then will i let him
go.my question to you is am i right in doing this?